Welder- St. Louis, MO
|Position:||Welder- St. Louis, MO|
|Job ID:||Welder- St. Louis, MO|
Due to continued company growth and profitability, Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of foundation and shoring equipment, with six offices in the United States has an immediate opportunity for a Certified Welder for our Hazelwood, Missouri location
- Fabricate and assemble steel structures and equipment though use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools.
- Perform MIG, Stick and other types of weld based on project needs.
- Produce specific components for welding according to project specifications.
- Ability to weld components in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints, written instructions and other diagrams.
- Ability to ignite torch and adjust valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company Safe Workplace Practices.
- High school diploma or GED required; Vocational/Technical degree highly desired.
- Knowledge of basic level mathematics and English comprehension.
- Operate and maintain wide variety of tools and equipment.
- Ability to periodically travel to customer jobsites, when and if needed, to perform work as necessary.
- General mechanical knowledge a plus.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving history.
- Highly competitive compensation
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- Tool Reimbursement Program
- Boot Allowance
- Medical insurance
- Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options
- Company provided uniforms