Why push sheets instead of vibrate?
Pressing sheets instead of vibrating has become a very common practice in areas where keeping ground and noise disturbance to a minimum is required. Some of the concerns with vibrating sheet pile in certain areas are that:
- It is often ineffective in ground conditions such as plastic, dense clay or compacting sands/gravels.
- It can cause damage to surrounding structures resulting in litigation and repair costs.
- It is often noisy.
- It can cause settlement under existing structures such as roads, buildings, or adjacent property.
If you are looking for an alternative method to install sheet pile, we recommend the Mobilram Multipurpose Rig with Z Pile Pusher Attachment.
This piece of equipment offers the following advantages:
- Environmentally Friendly - Quiet, vibration free, and does not disturb the soil.
- Productive - Pushes 4 Z-sheets at a time and requires only one pile buck and an operator.
- Safe - All sheet can be threaded at waste level.
- Accurate - Mast adjustment cylinders allow for the straight and accurate placement of sheets.
- Easy to Use - Remote control box and slewing of the mast up to 180° lets the cab operator see his work.
- Powerful - Each cylinder produces up to a load of 170,000 pounds of force and by reading the gauges, it is possible to determine the static load on the sheets.