Sales Engineer (role for graduate with 1-2 years work experience) Benicia, CA
|Department:||Heavy Equipment Sales|
|Position:||Sales Engineer (role for graduate with 1-2 years work experience) Benicia, CA|
|Job ID:||Sales Engineer (role for graduate with 1-2 years work experience) Benicia, CA|
Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of drilling and pile driving equipment, with six offices in the United States seeks Sales Engineers to be initially based in Benicia, California.
At Hammer & Steel, our Sales Engineers provide technical solutions to our valued customers who encompass foundation and general contractors as well as equipment operators.
We seek graduates with 1-2 years work experience that are professional, energetic, goal oriented, willing to travel and most importantly customer centric. A Sales Engineer is to ensure a positive customer experience before and after the sale to drive repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective customers in an assigned territory with the objective of securing new business.
- Negotiate and draft comprehensive written proposals for the sale or rental of equipment.
- Visit existing and prospective customers at their job sites within an assigned territory to identify future opportunities and address any concerns.
- Interface with our operations group to ensure customer orders for piling, piling driving and drilling equipment are fulfilled according to customer specifications.
- Monitor competitive activity / products and timely communicate developments to management and colleagues, accordingly.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotech, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or Technical Field required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
- 1-2 years work experience, or knowledge of the foundation and shoring industries desired but not required.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, Word and Office is required.
- Ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- An experienced Mentor to provide comprehensive, hands-on training and the tools to ensure professional success.
- An opportunity for advancement including the ability to relocate to one of the company’s six existing or future locations.
- Highly competitive compensation that will eventually include significant commission potential after successful completion of training
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- 100% Company paid medical insurance
- 100% Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options
- Relocation allowance.
Applicants are subject to background check and drug testing.
Please visit our website (www.hammersteel.com) to learn more about Hammer & Steel.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.