Heavy Equipment Fleet Technician/Mechanic - Benicia, CA
|Position:||Heavy Equipment Fleet Technician/Mechanic - Benicia, CA|
Due to continued company growth and profitability, Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of foundation and shoring equipment, with eight offices in the United States and Canada seeks Heavy Equipment Fleet Technician/Mechanic for branch location in Benicia, California.
· Conduct fuel, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic diagnostics and troubleshooting on equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on diesel engines.
· Educate customers on equipment operation and performance.
· Complete accurate written record of work performed.
· Willingness to periodically travel, as needed, to customer job sites to provide equipment training, maintenance and repair.
· Ability to assume leadership role while on customer job sites.
· Ability and willingness to mentor and train apprentice mechanics.
· High school diploma required; Vocational / Technical degree highly desired.
· Five (5) or more years of experience.
· Ability to articulate in a professional manner and explain solutions.
· Able to read electrical diagrams and DVM.
· Familiar and / or experienced with:
-Heavy machinery, hydraulics, electrical system repair and maintenance;
-CANbus/ programmable logic controllers/computers;
-hydraulic schematics; and
· Must own tools.
· Highly competitive compensation.
· 401K with company match.
· Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan.
· Medical insurance.
· Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D.
· Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays.
· Dental, vision and short-term disability options.
· Company provided uniforms.
Please visit our website (www.hammersteel.com) to learn more about Hammer & Steel.
If interested in this position, please apply online at www.hammersteel.com.
Applicants are subject to background check, drug testing and physical exam.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.