Machinist- Benicia, CA
|Position:||Machinist- Benicia, CA|
|Job ID:||Machinist- Benicia, CA|
Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of foundation and shoring equipment, with six offices in the United States, has an immediate opportunity for a Machinist for our Benicia, California location.
- Review sample drawings, blueprints, and instructions to understand requirements of complete projects.
- Operate manual lathe – to turn blanks into finished flanges, perform weld preps and reface after weld procedures.
- Select feeds and speeds as appropriate for structural steel, chromoly, brass/bronze, plastic, and aluminum materials.
- Monitor machines to adjust feed, maintain temperature and identify potential issues.
- Maintain and foster Company Safe Workplace Practices.
- High school diploma or GED required; a vocational/technical degree highly desired.
- Knowledge of basic level mathematics and English comprehension.
- Must be able to read calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- CNC programming and G Code knowledge a plus
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent experience:
- Operate and maintain wide variety of tools and equipment:
- Manual lathe
- 3 and 4 jaw chuck
- Steady rest and tail stock
- Radial drill
- Knee mill
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving history.
- Competitive hourly rate
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- Tool Reimbursement Program
- Boot Allowance
- Company paid Medical, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays.
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options
- Company provided uniforms.