Design Engineer- St. Louis, MO
|Position:||Design Engineer- St. Louis, MO|
|Job ID:||Design Engineer- St. Louis, MO|
Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of foundation and shoring equipment, with six offices in the United States seeks a Civil or Mechanical Engineer to fill the role of Design Engineer to be based from the company’s corporate office in St. Louis County, Missouri
- Design parts and accessories for a variety of heavy machinery ranging from micro pile drill rigs to multi-million-dollar Mobilram pile driving rigs.
- Reengineer broken parts, accessories, and machinery with tight tolerances.
- Manage all steps in the design-build process including taking critical fit measurements up to 0.001’, 3D product design, documentation for plasma cutting, weldments, and machining.
- Calculate Moment, shear, torque forces, Bolt tear out, tension rupture and weld strength.
- Set tolerances for adjoining parts.
- Evaluate structural limitation of Lead sections to determine project capability.
- Design manufacturing jigs for various products to be made in-house.
- Run WEAP Analysis for determining the correct diesel hammer for the customer’s specific application.
- Determine project costs by calculating labor, material and related costs to provide true estimate to sales team.
- Prioritize deadlines on concurrent projects for multiple regional branches across the U.S to meet expected lead times.
- Collaborate with international manufacturers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Proficiency with computer-aided design software 3D CAD modeling, and 2D CAD drawing.
- Experience or knowledge of the foundation and shoring industries desired but not required.
- Ability to multitask on multiple concurrent projects at various stages in the build process.
- Highly competitive compensation
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical insurance
- Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & Company paid Holidays
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options