Operations Manager - Benicia, CA
|Position:||Operations Manager- Benicia, CA|
Hammer & Steel, Inc. (Benicia, CA)
Due to continued company growth and profitability, Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of foundation and shoring equipment, with nine offices in the United States and Canada seeks applicants for the newly created position of Operations Manager for its branch office in Benicia, California. This individual will perform a variety of tasks with creativity and judgment to accomplish concepts, practices and procedures set out by the President and Vice President / CFO of Hammer & Steel.
- Supervise and provide support to field and in-house technicians, mechanics and welders who maintain and service the company’s portfolio of piling, pile driving and related equipment.
- Work collaboratively with our valued external and internal customers including sales, service, parts and accounting departments.
- Set and monitor schedules of work for in-shop and remote repairs to maximize labor utilization in a cost-effective manner.
- Track and analyze labor and equipment utilization to set service schedules.
- Assist in the ongoing reengineer and implementation of business processes and systems.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
- Maintain and foster a work safe, clean and well-organized facility by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with best practices and legal regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction / Project Management, Business or related field in addition to 6-10 years of relevant work and supervisory experience.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, Word and Office required.
- Prior experience with a foundation contractor, service organization or in a mechanical role desired, but not required.
- Project Management background a plus.
- Microsoft Dynamics and / or Dynamics 365 Field Service, highly desired but not required.
- Six Sigma Certification (Black or Green Belt), desired but not required.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical insurance
- Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options
- Company provided uniforms
Applicants are subject to background check and drug testing.
Please visit our website (www.hammersteel.com) to learn more about Hammer & Steel.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.